Career Opportunities at Allied Public Risk, LLC
Allied Public Risk is growing and so are the career opportunities we offer. Since our acquisition by K2 Insurance Services, LLC in 2013, we have expanded our program offerings and increased our underwriting, marketing, and sales teams.
Allied Public Risk offers a unique opportunity to join an established and dynamic company while earning a competitive compensation and benefits package. If you’re an insurance professional interested in career development opportunities with an innovative, rapidly growing company, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Job Positions Available
Actuary/Vice President Operations
The position will be based in Allied Public Risk’s Mesa, AZ or Chicago office.
• Provide in-depth and ongoing analysis of data in support of all product lines underwritten by Allied Public Risk in aggregate as well as by practice and by program. Specific analysis to comprise line of coverage, attachment points, state trends, dashboard reports, and other measures (e.g. ISO rates, ILFs, trending and development, losses, tort immunities, and tort caps).
• Maintain integrity and assure currency of Allied Public Risk’s automated rating system in coordination with CEO and assigned AWAC staff. On-going maintenance to ensure all rating formulas are current and error free at all times. Provide training to Director IMS / Agency Operations on rating system to ensure capable back-up.
• Provide actuarial support and pricing recommendations, in accordance with established need by dates, to all underwriting personnel for retained limits and group risk submissions in coordination with the Alternative Practice Head.
• Dispense actuarial support, pricing recommendations, and monthly report monitoring to all underwriting personnel for each primary program in coordination with the Primary Practice Head.
• Responsible for remote management of two direct reports.
• Deliver operational support across agency platform, with specific concentration on monthly dashboards, carrier data feeds, IMS functionality and user maximization, budget preparation and maintenance, loss run management (IVOS/NAI), underwriting productivity via streamlined processes and automated protocol, shared resources facilitation, and AWAC non-underwriting queries with an emphasis on data integrity.
• Work with the CEO and Practice Heads to develop the annual Allied Public Risk budget by practice and by program. Core responsibilities to include monitoring monthly actuals to plan, providing production and profitability dashboards, and tracking actual expenses to plan.
The applicant fulfilling this role must have the following qualifications:
• College graduate.
• Credentialed actuary (Fellow or Associate) or in process of securing Associate credential within one (1) year of onboarding.
• Ten (10) years in insurance business – preferably in public entity segment.
• Five (5) years pricing actuarial experience.
The applicant fulfilling this role must have the following knowledge/skills/attributed:
• Fluent in Excel.
• Experienced in project management and agency operations.
• Ability to work in understudy capacity with consultative P&C (public entity segment) Actuarial Fellow under retainer.
• In-depth understanding of enabling statutes governing pools.
• Strong communication skills – written and oral.
• Excellent presentation skills.
• Proficient time management skills.
• Be deadline driven.
• Flexibility for 10%-15% business travel.
Allied Public Risk, LLC, an exclusive underwriting manager of customized insurance products for public entities, seeks an Underwriting Analyst to join its public entity underwriting team in Chicago, New York, or San Francisco.
The Underwriting Analyst will provide underwriting support for a Regional Underwriting Director in Allied Public Risk’s self-insured retention (SIR) group.
• Pre-qualifying submissions in accordance with published underwriting guidelines.
• Calculating rate bases.
• Inputting data into the rater to establish unmodified premiums.
• Rating complex accounts.
• Completing loss analyses.
• Performing loss rating calculations.
• Analyzing selected underwriting data.
• Analyzing coverage wording of various carriers and evaluating rating structure.
• Conducting internet research to identify potential risk acceptability issues.
• Maintaining files for all pending, closed, cancelled, and bound policies.
• Assisting in the policy issuance process.
• Maintaining strong working relationships with production sources.
• Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Economics, or similar major.
• 5+ years minimum experience in the insurance business, with some experience in the Public Entity segment preferred.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills to establish and maintain solid business relationships.
• Ability to multi-task in a deadline-driven environment.
• Availability to work during core hours of 9 AM to 4 PM local time.
• Flexibility for extensive work hours during the peak business periods of 4/1 through 7/15 and 10/1 through 12/15.