Allied Public Risk’s Alternative Practice specializes in underwriting Public Sector exposures that are written with self-insured retentions (SIR) of at least $50,000. We have the capability to deliver both insurance and reinsurance products to Public Sector clients, with a broad appetite that includes municipalities & counties, K-12 school districts and community colleges, special service districts, water districts, fire districts, park districts, and pools/JPAs.
- Auto Liability
- General Liability
- Public Officials’ Liability
- Law Enforcement Liability
- Educators’ Legal Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Following Form Excess Liability
Significant primary and excess capacity is available depending on the risk profile of the Public Entity client and loss history:
- Casualty capacity offered to $11 million depending on account characteristics.
- Additional casualty capacity may be afforded on selected accounts via Allied World’s Excess Department;
- Excess casualty limits are issued on a following-form basis in order to provide the client with the benefit of the highly customized coverage features of the primary policy form.
- Any qualified third-party administrator (TPA) will be considered subject to evaluation of their capabilities.
- Self-administered claims by the entity may also be acceptable subject to evaluation of staff experience and capabilities.
With the ability to offer reinsurance nationwide, Allied Public Risk brings several unique advantages to the pooling segment:
- Creative, innovative approach, with the capability to provide stop-loss aggregates, corridor deductibles, differing attachment points by line of business, differing limits by line of business, on either a “policies attaching” or “occurring” basis.
- No-charge assistance with premium allocation per member by credentialed actuary.
- No-charge assistance with program design, meant to minimize dollar-trading and maximize risk transfer, through simulation, by credentialed actuary.
- No-charge assistance with drafting and review of pool coverage language for selected pools reinsured by Allied World Assurance Company.
- Reinsurance offered on either a “risks attaching” or “losses occurring basis”.
- Team members are available to interface on a variety of technical issues with pool clients as deemed appropriate by the producing source.
- When Meritless Claims Drain Public Entity Funds
- 5 Ways APR Meets the Needs of Our Clients
- Classification of Insurers
- Liability Exposures
- Submission Requirements
- Lessons from Losses Dam Flood
- Lessons from Losses Material Misrepresentation
- Lessons from Losses Sexual Harassment
- The CAFR Report
- Lessons from Losses Inverse Condemnation
DOWNLOAD ALTERNATIVE PRACTICES APPLICATIONS
- APR User Guide-PRSERL Coverage Form
- Specimen Policy-PRSERL Coverage Form
- APR Public Entity Application
- APR Application Glossary
- Adoption Services – Supplemental Application
- Transportation – Transit – Supplemental Application
- Transportation – Dial-A-Ride Paratransit – Supplemental Application
- School Liability – Supplemental Application
- Drones – Supplemental Application
- Group Homes – Supplemental Application
Submit applications: firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Vice President – Alternative Practice Head